How do I set up a Facebook page for my business?
- Go to facebook.com/pages/creation/ (or click Create in the top right corner of your pre-existing Facebook account). Click the Get Started button on the left side, listed under Business or Brand. If you do not have a facebook, you will first need to create an account. If you do, you’ll need to ensure that you are logged in and input your Page Name which should be the name of your business. Then under Category search for things relevant to your business, like contractor or construction. You are able to select up to three categories that describe the nature of your business. Finally write a quick one to two sentence description of your business.
- Once you choose your business type, additional boxes will pop up asking for a profile picture and cover photo image. We suggest uploading both
- It’s important to create a good visual first impression, so take a second to consider the image you select for your profile picture. Businesses commonly use their logo as a profile picture, but feel free to be creative. Any photo that clearly represents your business and aligns with your brand will be great! It’s important to make sure that your image is clear and isn’t cropped poorly. It needs to fit into the circle icon format, and look good in both the small and large forms. The ideal size for a profile photo is 170 pixels wide by 170 pixels tall. Remember that customers may perceive a lack of effort put into your social media as a lack of care for your business.
- The cover photo is the most prominent image people see when they click on your page. Make sure this image is attractive and clear. Consider your key aspects of your brand when choosing this photo, as it should encapsulate the essence of your business’ personality. It will display at 830 x 312 pixels on desktop and 640 x 360 on mobile. The image must be at least 400 pixels wide and 150 tall.
- When you’re done, click continue. Note that doing so indicates acceptance of Facebook’s Pages, Groups, and Events Policies, so you might want to check those out before you proceed.
- You will then be directed to your Facebook Page where you can edit information, invite friends, and start posting and creating Ads!
How do I edit my Facebook business page information?
- Find the Settings tab in the top right-hand corner of your Facebook Page. This is where you can find useful information to optimize your page and make it more business friendly. You should take some time to familiarize yourself with the many different customizable options, but in the meantime we’ve listed out the most important and standard edits to get you started.
- Make sure to have a description, name, and category. You should have set these up when originally making your account.
- Then you should fill out your contact information, location, and hours. Make sure to update these details if there are any changes.
- Once you’ve filled out all your information you can customize the configuration of buttons on your page by changing your template. On the left-hand side click on Templates and Tabs and choose a template from the list that fits your type of business. These Templates have a preset selection of Tabs that will be displayed on your Page for visitors to click on. You can remove or adjust the order of your Page’s tabs directly below the “Templates” section at any point.
- Once you’ve chosen your Template, click on the Instagram tab on the left-hand side and connect your Instagram. With this feature, Facebook allows you to manage your Instagram comments from your Facebook Inbox and you can cross post on both accounts.
- You’re almost set! The next important step is to set up Facebook’s Call-to-Action button. Go back to your home page and click Add Page Button. Choose the type of button you want, then select the specific message you want to appear on the button. These buttons allow your customers to actually interact with your business. Once you’ve made your choice, click Next. Depending on what button you chose, you may be asked to select some additional options. When you’re ready, click Finish and your call-to-action button will go live.
How do I create a post on my Facebook business page?
- There are two ways to post: either directly from your business page, in the “write a post…” block or by clicking “publishing tools” which can be found on the menu above your page.
- If you are on a mobile device find your business page and click create post at the top of your page. After writing your post and uploading whatever visual aids you need, click post. You can also do this on the computer.
- Alternatively visit your business’s page on a computer and find publishing tools in the manage page menu. Here you are able to schedule posts in advance and post across multiple channels — like Instagram. When your schedule is hectic and unpredictable, it is unlikely that you have a consistent time every day to post something. With Facebook’s scheduling feature you can take advantage of the time you do have to schedule posts days or even weeks in advance.
- If post creation via publishing tools is still confusing, we suggest clicking the take tour button for a post creation tutorial