How do I make a YouTube channel?
- Visit youtube.com and click “sign in” in the top right corner. If you do not have a Google account, you will need to create one. If you do have a Google account, log in with it.
- Then, find your profile picture in the top right hand corner. Click on it and select, create a channel. You will then be asked what you would like to name your channel. You have the option to use your name (or whatever name is attached to your gmail) or a custom name, such as your company’s name.
- Finalize your channel by adding channel art, a profile picture, channel links, descriptions, etc. Youtube should prompt you to do these things, but if they do not click the customize channel button on the homepage and explore as needed.
How do I post a video?
- After making your account and successfully creating a video, it is time to throw it out into the world. So first things first, log into your YouTube account. Navigate to the top menu bar and find the camcorder icon. If you hover over it, it should say “create,” press this. Select upload video.
- Now select your file or drag and drop into the window. If for some reason your file type is unsupported, you will need to re-export into one that is.
- Finish by adding a title, description, tags (which are essentially YouTube's version of a hashtag), thumbnail, etc. Once you are satisfied, press “save changes,” and share your video with the world.